Topic: Choosing a preferred chart of accounts (CoA) after installation

FA 2.3.24
MariaDB 10.1
Apache2 2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty

I installed FA by extracting to /var/www/html/fa and running the installation script, but skipped specifying the CoA as I wanted to install a customised Australian CoA. However, it looks as though an USA 0000 CoA was installed anyway.

Setup > Install/Activate Chart of Accounts opens a page entirely blank except for the heading Install/Activate Chart of Accounts, and the tabs Chart, Installed, Available, and Encoding. Did I do something wrong, or is this page to be included in the next release?

If I use the method of restoring from a CoA *.sql file in fa/sql/company*/backup/, how do I avoid overwriting options already specified for the company that has been set up? Can I delete all the table descriptions from the *.sql CoA file except for those with 'chart' in their names?

Regards,
Hedley

Re: Choosing a preferred chart of accounts (CoA) after installation

When installing, choose the US New CoA in Company #0. This will be your "default" company for making settings changes and installing addons (like themse, CoAs, Languages and Extensions) across companies and should not be used for any transactions.

From within Company #0, create a new company #1 and in your case choose the preferred Australian CoA.
Now logout of the default company #0.
Then, login to the Company #1 which will be your "working" company and enjoy FA.