Topic: Manufacturing Bug

Hi - I think this is a bug in 2.3.23

I have entered stock of components for a manufactured item today - eg 5
I checked the stock levels of these components I can see that there are 5 in stock
I assembled my manufactured item which takes 5 units of the component and updated the Work Order
The work order updated
But when I printed the work order there was a message on the work order that put *** next to each component to indicate insufficient stock. But there was exactly the amount of stock needed.
Is the system putting this error message if the stock level of the component is equal to or less than the qty needed for the work order instead of only putting this error message if the stock level of the component is less than the qty needed for the work order?
Or, maybe the system is checking stock level after the work order and not before the work order?

I tried the same as above after entering 10 more of the components to stock and there was no error message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then tried the same thing using advanced manufacture.
I can see that I do have exactly enough components on today's date to process the work order but when I try to issue the component stock it get and error message saying insufficient qty on hand.
Even after I enter more components than I need I get the same error message.

Mark

Re: Manufacturing Bug

Will have a look at this, Mark.

If I understand you, it is only the print out of the work order having this issuw, right?

/Joe

I guess that this info on the report is redundant. The workorder could never be issued if there were insufficient stock. So this info do not need be printed on the workorder.

/Joe

Yes the info on the work order is redundant.
But it's there as a result wrong logic I think.
When I try to do advanced manufacture, even tho I know there is stock of components, the system won't let me issue them. This remains a problem

Thanks Mark,

I will have a look into this. If I can I will try to fix it before release 2.3.24. Otherwise it will be fixed later.

Joe

Hello again Mark.

All Always you have been superb detecting bugs.

Both the workorder report bug and the workorder issue bug have been fixed.

rename the files from extension .php1 to .php and replace

/reportingrep409.rep
/manufacturing/work_order_issue.php

/Joe

Post's attachments

rep409.php1 3.9 kb, 2 downloads since 2015-04-03 

work_order_issue.php1 6.5 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-04-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.