1 (edited by miguelav 03/18/2015 11:52:31 am)

Topic: Doubts about FA suits customer needs

Hi all,

New here, so first of all I want to thank you all to that great piece of software FA is!

One of my customers wants to use FA in his company and I, as his "technical department" (one man show ;-) need to check if it is possible to do so.

Have to say that I already read all I could in the forum trying to get similar questions (with little success) but I still keep so many doubts about if it is possible or not.

Issue is:

- My customer work moving items from one point to another
- For every "job", they create a dossier (with its dossier number) where will hold all expenses and profits they have

Doubts arrise as I know we can create such expenses and profits as Direct Invoices (or any other method) in Purchase and Sales tabs, but I don't know how to handle the dossier concept... so all is assigned to one particular dossier and I later can get reports of that specific dossier, for example.

I read about Dimensions (a bit lost about why dimensions have dates)... maybe creating one dimension for every dossier... however, even when in sales I have the choice to select a dimension, it is not present in purchases.

Any help? Will it be possible?

This topic talks about similar issues in my opinion...
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1383

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Re: Doubts about FA suits customer needs

The dossier can be done using Tags. Dimensions are generally used for departments / branches / locations on a global scale. Tags are for issue related transactions. Documents can also be attached to transactions.

You being a 1 man show can easily beat SAP (Slow and Painful) for small enterprises! Congrats and all the best.