Topic: Items and Purchasing Pricing

I have tried a number of combinations of  Purchasing Pricing, Supplier Quantity and Conversion to our UOM but have been unable to get the following to happen:

Let's say I have 5 Blank DVDs in Stock and I purchase a 24 DVD package, I would like to have the DVD stock increase 24 to 29 total after I receive that product and close the PO.

Or do I need to define a manufacturing process that will convert a 1 - Case of DVD(24) into 24 DVDs

What is the right way?

In my real application I buy 50 lbs of material and sell it in 1/4, 1/2 and 1lb packages.

Can I define a product of be .25 LB of a product?
Will I need to define a manufacturing process to make the smaller packages?

I am finally getting to the point where I can see how most of my processes will work!

tom

Re: Items and Purchasing Pricing

If you are repacking the items seems the scenario you have described is the best. Or if you do not want to have multiply inventory items because you repack the items at the time of delivery, you can simply define Sales Kits/Alias Code. This way you can have different descriptions on invoice together with different prices, which relate to the same bulk material on inventory.
Janusz

"scenario you describe is best"

I assume you mean a manufacturing process.

I still think I am missing something:

Selected Product: BLANK CD (Q=1)
Supplier Purchasing Data
Price: $24.00
Suppliers Unit of Measure: 24
Conversion Factor (to our UOM): ???
Supplier's Code or Description: CDRW-24

It just seems to me to be such a common activity that we should be able to do this purchasing directly:
If my supplier has a case of 24 "Supplier Code" CDRW24 at a Price of $24 (ie $1 each) and a supplier unit of measure 24
(not sure what to do with Conversion Factor)

When receiving this product the system could add 24 Blank CD's to inventory

Is a manufacturing process the only way?
(ie- is opening a box of 24 items and putting them on the shelf considered a manufacturing process?)

Tom

Well, regarding purchase calculations you are of course right. The purchase pricing data is prepared for target PO system, but it is not finished yet. Finally we want to implement PO units recalculation in FA 2.2, and it will work roughly how you have described it (order one 24pcs package - recive 24 units on inventory).

Currently you have two options: use manufacturing process (if you want to have sales units on inventory), or use Sales Kits/Aliases (then you have only bulk packages on the shelves). Which one you choose is up to you.

Janusz

Ok Thanks!

I will likely do the manufacturing process and then when we get PO Units recalc I will be able to drop that step.

Now on to filling orders!

I am sure I will have more questions... but as always I try to ask questions verbose enough to provide help to other people

Tom