Topic: memo in report

Hi,

I have been playing around with the reports.  I have been trawling the wiki and the forums and based on what I have found, I have been able to adjust column widths and a number of other features to my satisfaction.

One thing I want is the memo field that shows up in the journal entries report, such as customer payment memo "pd with chq#00100", to show up in the GL Accounts report.  As it is, if I enter a memo as a line item in a transaction, it seems to show up, but if I enter it in the main memo box for the transaction, it does not.  I found a post (which I cannot find now for reference) where Joe said that if the line item memo was empty, the main memo should be used instead, and at first glance the code in rep704 seems to support that, but in practise this seems to be true only of the journal entries report.

I understand that space may be an issue, but I am hoping to find  a way to work around that.

Before I embark on another adventure traipsing through the code, I am wondering if someone can point me at a simpler solution?

Re: memo in report

Do you want to cocatenate the line memo with the transaction memo? Would that not exceed the space for line items in reports?

@apmuthu,

hm.  no I don't want both, I want just the transaction memo.

I am aware that space will be a concern, but I would like to get it into the report anyway and see if I can deal with the spacing...

for the sake of anyone trying to accomplish this themselves, the solution is actually pretty easy.  First copy reporting/rep704.php to company/0/reporting/, then open that file and at line 189 make this change:

//$memo = $myrow['memo_'];
$memo = get_comments_string($myrow['type'], $myrow['type_no']);

As to spacing the output, I didn't find a good solution if you need to actually print to paper, but if you output to excel you can drag the columns around to make it so everything is readable...

bobloblian wrote:

As to spacing the output, I didn't find a good solution if you need to actually print to paper, but if you output to excel you can drag the columns around to make it so everything is readable...

Actually, set line 202 to use TextColLines instead of TextCol