1 (edited by eviking 03/28/2009 09:32:42 pm)

Topic: Banking integration

I've started translating FA into Norwegian - and think it will be a very welcome alternative to the expensive proprietary applications used here.

However there is one type of functionality that most companies would want - electronic banking. The system is used by all banks in the country and works as follows:

Accounts receivable:
Customer invoices are printed with a special numeric field, containg customer number and invoice number and a simple control number. For example NNNNIIIIXX where NNNN is customer #, iiii is incoice # and xx is calculated from the other two.

When customers pay they enter this number as reference. The result is that companies download a file each morning containg date, amount, reference for all yesterdays payments.

The ERP system then read that file and all appropriate transactions are automatically updated.

All commercial ERP systems has this.

Accounts payable:
Same thing but in reverse. You register the reference with the supplier invoice. The ERP creates a file that you SEND to your bank. After that you download a file containing all actual supplier payments done yesterday, and the ERP take care of it.

By the way, almost nobody use checks anymore.....

My question the is:
Now, how difficult (or expensive) would it be to develop an addon that would do this?

It seems that AF is designed for pretty large companies. Not having this functionality would keep a lot of larger companies in Noway from beeing able to use it.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Banking integration

Sounds interesting. The rules you have described seem to be simple, but as always details are important. I have no info about using this data exchange system in other countries, so I guess it is Norway specific. Do you know some formal documents related to this standard available on the net?
Without detailed specification of requirements I can say nothing about cost of implementation.

Janusz

Hello eviking.
I've been in contact with norwegian systems and know a little about the implementation. Regarding the epayment, a special module should be created for norway inside the AR/AP tab.
Regarding the documents the layout is printed inside /reporting/includes/header2.inc. In your cases a special function inside /lang/no_NO/locale.inc can be used to be called for special occations.
So all in all it should not be that big a task. Unfortunately I am fully occupied, but who knows, maybe I could do some of the work.

/Joe

Hello all.

I am also implementing FA in my company and I am searching for such an automation.
Or develop it if none exists.

I am thinking of using the MT940 files available in multicash-like programs.

I already customized an mt940 php parser.

The fields that can identify a transaction are the account numbers (IBAN).
However, I did not saw a IBAN field for customers.

Can this be added ?
Is there a reason for this info not being added to customers ?

Regards,
S

Yes, this is good idea. I'm only not sure whether should it be added on customer or on branch level.
Janusz

per branch seems ok. I do not know whether there are other implications.

Hi!

Is there an banking integration module available, as eviking or serbanc described??

barney

I did not found one.

I am trying to develop one.