1 (edited by adarsh0d 12/27/2014 11:19:03 pm)

Topic: Developed a transport management software with frontaccounting engine

Hellp friends,

I developed a transport management software on top of frontaccounting's basic banking and setup engine.

I could not develop it as a module, neither I have plans to release it as a module. Even changed some of core functionality to suit my requirements.

I had plans to develop it for my own family transport business, and frontaccounting already had more than 50% pre-built functionality , so I give a big thanks to frontaccounting team to make it that awesome smile

It will suit most of the small-medium transport business owners ,

A check is needed , if it can compete with already established products ( Most of them are desktop based) so I came to expert village of front accounting for demonstration ,

demo : http://www.confret.com/eftms
login details : username : demo
                     password : enterthis@12
                    company : eftms

You will find many things as it is available in frontaccounting, but transport industry work in slightly different way.

Re: Developed a transport management software with frontaccounting engine

Any suggestions are welcomed

Also , I started to build website at http://www.confret.com

Need suggestions for that too

3 (edited by apmuthu 12/28/2014 02:38:07 pm)

Excellent work of FA with the smartphone optimised fa-boot theme. Did you use Cambell's theme or KVCode's Metro theme?

You might want to update the code from FA v2.3.19 to v2.3.22+ till date - no real db changes and many fixes.

WordPress site is coming out well too.

4 (edited by adarsh0d 12/28/2014 06:40:14 pm)

Hey apmuthu,

Thanks for kind words.. but actually it is not yet smart phone optimized, I have plans to develop it, but it will take a hell of changes in every application, because I don't like tabular layouts sad

And I made this theme, I have copied the idea from erpnext, so all credit goes to them, luckily it suited fa too

I don't want to update the code, because I have modified FA completely.

ERPNext uses Python and MariaDB. Nice to know it shares compatibility with FA.

There are only a few changes in some files from v2.3.19 to v2.3.22+ and you can get it from the diffs in my GitHub repo.

Compatibilty just in terms of UI..

One module->application group->Applications

It wasn't an effort to copy tongue

If someone needs my theme, he can avail it from me.

I actually needed to know, if software looks promising, If not, suggestions please, I am planning to launch it as a business.