1 (edited by janvl 12/02/2014 06:11:05 pm)

Topic: Invoices and Customer filter

Hi,
when I choose
"Customer and sales reports"
"Customer"
"Print invoices"

Then I see on the right side:

Customer:
No customerfilter

My first question, where can I define somethng like a customerfilter and what does it do?

My second question, can I select just the invoices for customers with a valid VAT-Number?

My third question, where can one translate "Print Invoices" (reports_main.php) it is not in the .po file.

Kind regards,
Jan

Re: Invoices and Customer filter

For your first question, the customer filter is to set up a range of customer codes to print in a batch.

For your second question, I am unable to find the string "Print Invoices" hard coded anywhere in FA.
The only place in the file you referred to is line 95:

$reports->addReport(RC_CUSTOMER, 107, _('Print &Invoices'),

This is to indicate that the Alt-I key combination can also be used to click the link.
Hence search for the string "Print &Invoices" in the appropriate translation file.

For your third question, you can hard code your strings in the code for a quick and dirty job.

3 (edited by janvl 12/03/2014 10:00:26 am)

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply!

Still the customer filter is unclear to me. I can put a range in the first 2 fields.
I do not seem to grasp the idea of the lower field "Customer filter".
Where can I define such a filter?

For the translation, I searched on "Print Invoices" that is not found, with the ampersand it is found.
What is the ampersand used for?
[edit] found it, keyboard shortcuts!

We just started using FA at a local retailer, after his 12 year old 16/32-bit programm did not work anymore on win 7 64 bit.

Kind regards,
Jan

You can still work your old 16/32 bit program in a virtual machine inside Win7 (VMWare Player, VirtualBox, QEMU/KVM, etc) on a (local) cloud.

Look at the invoice tables and you will see the invoice ids for filter ranges. Invoices must first exist.

Hi,

thanks, we have the old application running in a VM but there is no support and it is getting unstable.
I converted the data to FA, had the customer test FA for free for several month.

We have just started to use it life.

I think you are right that the customerfilter lacks invoices in my test-install.

I will first concentrate on a new german translation, I contacted ISCON yesterday but they do not do anything anymore with FA. Maybe it should be removed as a partner.

Just to be sure, can I merge the po-file for version 2.28 with the empty one for 2.3.22, I have just installed poedit.

Kind regards,
Jan

Some partners may be busy with ongoing projects or moved on and hence the lack of response.

The current v2.3.22 mo file for German is available in the FA repo as a language pkg and is also available in extracted form in my unofficial GitHub repo.

You can also convert the mo to po file and then translate/modify it before recompilation and use.