Topic: Wiki translation into Italian language

Hi all.
Among several other languages which are available, I noticed that the Italian version is somehow behind.
There are two areas which needs improvements.
The translation of the internal program messages is missing some parts which have been left in English.
In this case the .PO lacks the entire line that needs translation.
For example, Print Invoices and Print Credit Notes is left in English but, when I edited the .PO file, such part was missing (I mean the original English ones) so I could not proceed and amend the translation (which for the rest is good enough).

Going to the main goal, I'd like to implement your wike pages into Italian.
I have already installed on my server PmWiki.
Is there a way that I can locally upload your current wiki in its entirety so that I can edit the same and add Italian off-line?
Once finished, I'd gladly share this with everybody and you could add this language too in your wiki pages.

Please let me know how and if I can proceed.

Thanks and best,
Carlo

Re: Wiki translation into Italian language

If you use the stock empty.po you can translate the strings to Italian afresh, partaking of what may already exist.

If you use the same wiki engine, then probably Joe can provide you a last backup.
Otherwise create a separate Wiki on say Meidawiki base and use some sort code translator between them and then do the actual language translation / initial machine translation.