Topic: The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided.

I need to void a customer payment, the invoice has already been voided, but I am receiving this error when I try to void it:-

The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided.

I have checked the tables and everything looks ok, so not sure why I am receiving this error. Can you tell me the process and tables that are altered when doing a void customer payment, so I can manually do it in the database please.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: The entered transaction does not exist or cannot be voided.

Please try to go into customer allocations. Press 'Show Settled Items' and try to set the allocation to 0.

Then it should be ok to void it. At least I hope so.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I tried this but the transaction already shows as unsettled. I am still not able to void this transaction.

Cheers,

Steve

If I understand you correctly, you first created the customer payment, and selected the sales invoice for your allocation.
Then you voided the sales invoice.
And finally tried to void the customer payment and this failed.

I have just tried to reproduce this but could just void the customer payment without problems.

Was this the same as you did?

Joe

Hi Joe,

No. We would have produced an invoice and allocated the payment at the same time (POS). We then voided the invoice as this was incorrect. We cannot now void the payment for some reason. We have done this many times where we have had to voice the invoice then the payment without issue. I cannot figure out why we get the error when we try and void this payment.

I am happy to manually do this in the database if we can't figure out the reason why, I just need to be sure I do this correctly!!

Cheers,

Steve

I have just followed your example, and the voiding of first the invoice and then the customer payment went well.

What version of FA are you using?

Joe

Hi Joe,

2.3.21 Build 01.07.2014.

Steve

Ok, I don't have a solution for you.

You could zero out the amounts for the Customer Payment manuelly in debtor_trans using phpMyAdmin. And also in the gl_trans.
And hopefully it would work.

I have no idea of why you could not void it.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Do I also need to make a entry in the voided table?

Steve

Ah, you could do that too.

Joe

I believe I am having the same problem. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it gives the error message.

You cannot void bank transaction, when it would result in negative account history (for cash type accounts), or overdraft (on other account).
Janusz

Pass a contra entry!

When it will create a negative balance it gives a different warning to such effect and gives the date it will be negative. IIRC I was having it on sales invoices.