Topic: Could not open' install extensions, themes

Hello,
l have  FrontAccounting installed working  but l'm trying to install (extensions & themes extensions) but is displaying this error "Could Not Open"

Afer going throught alots of posts (l have php5-curl package  I installed)  still same issue.

l will really appreciate your help to this issue.

Regads,
Akinola

Re: Could not open' install extensions, themes

If you're using Windows you might need to apply this fix

Around about line 327 of includes/archives.inc, change:

'name' => $temp['prefix'] . $temp['name'],

to:

'name' => rtrim($temp['prefix']) . rtrim($temp['name']),

Cambell https://github.com/cambell-prince

Cambell, thanks it work perfectly.

Regards,
Akinola

I am having the same issue  but on a different platform. I am running Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 Apache with php version 5.5.9.  I have checked for the proper permissions and they should be correct. The user/owner of the files is the same as the user is the same user as apache. (www-data:www-data) I have gone as far as granting full read, write, execute for all users which I don't like to do because of possible security issues.

Here is the log entries for when I try to install an extension/theme:

[25-Sep-2014 18:32:50 Europe/Berlin] 0:WhitewaterDave:archive.inc:381: is_dir() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given
[25-Sep-2014 18:32:50 Europe/Berlin] 0:WhitewaterDave:archive.inc:382: mkdir() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given
[25-Sep-2014 18:32:50 Europe/Berlin] 0:WhitewaterDave:archive.inc:411: touch() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given
[25-Sep-2014 18:32:50 Europe/Berlin] 0:WhitewaterDave:archive.inc:395: fopen() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given
[25-Sep-2014 18:32:50 Europe/Berlin] 0:WhitewaterDave:packages.inc:165: gzopen(../modules/_cache/zen_import-2.3.15-1/_init/config): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[25-Sep-2014 18:32:50 Europe/Berlin] 0:WhitewaterDave:archive.inc:462: gzopen(../modules/_cache/zen_import-2.3.15-1/_data): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I get the same errors when I try to install zen import and PayPal import, as well as a couple of themes.

I read that it is possible to install the extensions manually but I haven't come across the instruction for doing that, at leas none that worked. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

you can install modules manually,  which is based on the place, you require to use

There is directory permission problem  i guess  and there is one missing php extension.

so check your php additional packages.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Temporary fix is here:
https://www.drupal.org/node/2057703