Topic: enabling $sql_trail not giving correct results

I enabled $sql_trail in config.php file (following advice on forum) to enable me to see what was getting posted and where. From phpmyadmin when I looked at the table sql_trail - msg,  it says: "could not insert quick entry for Bank Deposit 3" whereas the correct value is actually posted in the quick_entries table. Similarly it gives the same "could not insert ... "could not update ..." etc for all transactions that I tried.

2 (edited by amiraman 07/31/2014 07:46:27 am)

Re: enabling $sql_trail not giving correct results

Missed my call-to-action in above sad.
I am a newbie still exploring the system. Am I missing something /doing something wrong? Has someone else experienced similar? Any fixes / workarounds (apart from db dumps before and after transaction and Diff of the two)? Please Help!

The sql trail feature may seems a little not intuitive. You should look first into result field, which stores the query result (1 on success, 0 otherwise). The message stored is just additional comment which should be considered mainly in case of query error, but is also handy when looking for exact place where the error was triggered, so is sotred also on success.
janusz

Thanks a lot. Yes the result field is 1.

May be you can help me with my objective or guide me to the right track:

I want to view exactly what happens when I execute ANY given transaction (as learning for now, and later on for trouble-shooting), how to do that?

Thanks in advance.