Topic: Include Customer Name and Branch in Sales Quotation

For those customers who have one legal entity but really do have branches underneath, we would like to include the Customer Name (legal entity) in the Sales Quotation.

To paraphrase, we need to print the Company Name, Branch Name and Address in the Bill To section of a Sales Quotation, where several branches exist for the Customer.

At the moment, our Sales Quotations are addressed to:
Harare Branch
PO Box 1
Harare.

What we would like is:
John Doe (Pvt) Ltd
Harare Branch
PO Box 1
Harare

I'm sure there is a simple change to the code somewhere, but I've looked in rep111 and doctext and can't get my head around what I have to change. Can any of you pro's suggest what I can change, please?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Include Customer Name and Branch in Sales Quotation

The easiest way is to let the branch name be the same as the customer name.
Let the branch billing address be the same as the customer address.

Joe

Re: Include Customer Name and Branch in Sales Quotation

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I have already done this for now - I have made the branch name the debtors name, and put the branch name in the address. The problem is that the branch name field is not long enough to hold the customer's full legal entity name (a tax requirement for Invoices). I have changed the br_name field in the database to varchar(100) (same as the 0_debtors_master, but it still only lets me input 40 chars, so I guess I'm going to have to change the form code (but not quite sure where right now).

The other small point is that all our branches for this company (13) have the same name now. Kinda makes the branch name field redundant, and I was thinking that the better long term solution would be to get it to show the Debtor </br> Branch </br> Address(es).

It's a minor issue as not many companies have a name over 60 chars long, and possibly something that may be considered later. I'll keep plowing through the code, and if I get it sorted out then I'll send you the files for your approval.