Topic: Cash account selection in Sales > Direct invoice

Hi,
We are just in the process in switching over to Frontaccounting. We accept orders and get paid in several different ways. We would like to change the cash account that payments are logged to when creating a direct invoice. At the moment if I select Cash only for Payment, the Cash payment section displays the cash account set up for the users POS. Oue users allocate payments the the correct accounts, Paypal, Credit Card etc...
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks,
Steve

Re: Cash account selection in Sales > Direct invoice

I am not in office right now, but I guess you can set up a pos account for every user. Will that solve your problem?

Joe

Hi Joe,
Unfortunately it wont as I really need to be able to select different POS per transaction. Each user will have to allocate the payment to the correct account as the one POS per user will not work for us. Any way of having a selection box for this like the payment option?
Cheers,
Steve

I will talk to our chief of develoopment, Janusz, about this.

/Joe

Do you really need to use the cash account ? Cash payment in the front accounting world, means 'immediate' payment, ie you enter the invoice and the payment at the same time, but it's just a shortcut. You probaly can use a normal payment term even though it goes at the end in a cash account. Movereover, Paypal payment are probably not 'cash' or immediate.

/Elax

Most of our business is done via our web site therefore when we enter invoice on to the accounts system these are all paid. We need to post where this money has come from, i.e. credit card, PayPal etc. This way we know where our money is and who owes it to us. The customer has paid, as far as he is concerned, so we need to note this when entering on the invoices.
We currently use Sage 50 and when we enter on a web site order, we select payment by 'cash' and the correct bank account i.e. Credit Card or PayPal. There doesn't appear to be a way to make an immediate payment of an invoice into a particular 'cash' account.

If you've already been paid, would it not be possible to just enter/import your web sales as daily journal entries? It's not like you have an invoice you need to keep track of at your end.

Granted, it doesn't help if you need FA to manage your stock.

(For what it's worth, I've recently had another look at the REST API (https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3433) and actually got it working. It doesn't handle sales or invoices at all - which was what I meant to use it for - but I might still get around to that. If anyone has already written SQL to create sales invoices, sales orders etc., please let me know and I'll add the appropriate functions.)

As far as I understand you would like to have payment account selection directly on Direct Invoice form.
Unfortunatelly choosing cash account is not enough to entry all the details related to payment: usually the payment date is different than invoice date, customer can choose to pay with currency diffrent than invoice currency etc. This is why all the  payment options are not available on Direct Invoice form, but this is not a problem because on the final invoice entry screen you have direct link 'Entry customer pament for this invoice', which leads you to prefilled Customer Payment form. Here you can just select any cash account you need and entry payment with single click.
Janusz

Hi Janusz,
Actually most web site orders are on the same payment date as the invoice as the customer has to pay when entering on the order. We do really need to have the payment account option on the direct invoice screen otherwise we have to go through another process to enter on the payment. We are switching to FA to reduce the amount of data entry we do. At the moment we have created different log in names for each of the different payment options (Amazon, PayPal, Credit, etc.), which is not ideal but works. Could this be done in a later build or could we add this functionality now?

TM; Thanks for your reply, we are also in the process of adding Cartspan to completely integrate our online shop to FA, which should eliminate 90% of the data entry.

Steve

For reasons explained before we do not want to include all payment related options directly on invoice form. The workflow you have described is just too specific to your exact requirements, which some FA users would like but many others not.
But of course you can always make any customizations in invoice form you wish (finally FA is open source), just remember to merge the changes again with core FA code after upgrading to next FA version.

Janusz