Topic: Unicenta

So Front Accounting is an amazing opensource accouning package

Unicenta is an amazing opensource point of sale package

how do I make love?

haha

or even very simple, can I export sales from one to the other etc.

Would prefer unicenta to auto update frontaccounting but worst case an upload will work

Re: Unicenta

text cart extension in FA can do the import / export.

If you just need daily sales figures, it's easy to insert them as a journal entry. I do that with a simple cron job which calls curl to feed the (CSV) data into the journal import plugin.

well I was wondering if a form of cron job could do it. I've got a butchers, so a single item (cow) with be broken down into multiple SKUS and then sold off.

So as you can image I am ignoring the complex track keeping of FIFO and just placing everything into one code

but I can't be manually inputting in sales every day or week.

If I set up unicenta to a mysql database and then get the sales to be pushed across daily, that might work hmmm

very confusing

I import daily (invoiced) sales from a Prestashop server as journal entries. It's not an ideal solution in my case, as I'd really like to keep track of payments/allocations using FA, but for POS data it's all you need.

Since you basically only need to split the total between sales and tax, and book the amounts to the appropriate accounts, you could use a "quick entry". And if you manage to get the data out of Unicenta programmatically, you can feed it into FA with a single curl call. (Actually two. You'll need one to login and create a session.) You wouldn't even need the CSV import plugin I use.

Let me know if you need any help.

Hi tm

I am very interested in your solution.

I just installed FA and am now busy in figuring out how to get the data from an ancient programm (2000 and never updated) into FA. Just found a way to extract the data, the programm running on a 10 year old laptop.
The people that will use it have an Openbravopos (linux/mysql local PC) which is the predecessor of Unicenta, I have written on discus how one can do the update. So that I can manage that.

We also plan to move to presta, the shop they run now is a dead end.

Kind regards,

Jan