Topic: Problems with installation of 2.1b

Here are the error messages - they occur together with an almost blank page only after selecting theme modern. I couldn't upgrade either because the previous version had the theme modern selected. A second installation on the same server didn't work either, apparently due to issues (I believe) with the session. This is a separate server now.

include_once(../themes/default/renderer.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file: /var/www/customers/fa/includes/page/header.inc at line 119
include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../themes/default/renderer.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/share/pear/PEAR') in file: /var/www/customers/fa/includes/page/header.inc at line 119
Class 'renderer' not found in /var/www/customers/fa/includes/page/header.inc on line 120

rgds
rl

Re: Problems with installation of 2.1b

Yes, we had a bug in the first 2.1 beta. Fixed in 2.1 beta 2. The bug was inside en_US-demo.sql.
You can download the theme modern for 2.1 from the website. Unpack and copy it into themes directory. Then it should work.
You could also use phpMyAdmin and change the theme in 0_users to 'default'.

The class renderer is themes related, so these errors may be a result from the former.

/Joe

thx. I did download the theme again today from your webpage. That's why I was confused. It works with the first beta.
But don't bother, it will be RC or final until I will be ready - I am still testing and translating.

One more thing though: I do have problems data encoding running German and English in parallel. I suppose this happens because one language is utf the other iso. The effect is that special characters only show correctly in the language you entered them. I will re-encode German to iso and see whether I will get the same effect.

I guess you should use iso-8859-1 for Gernany. It consumes less memory and I guess you could run them simultaneous.

/Joe

Changing display encoding does not change the strings stored in database, so there is nothing weird that you have localized messages broken after language switch.

Janusz

True. But the screen encoding defines how data is stored. Thus one can't mix iso and utf because there's this one layer missing that would encode database strings irrespective of the ui used.

No problem, will convert back to iso, takes two minutes.