Topic: First time installation problems

Hello,

I am a first time user of FA. I downloaded the package and installed it as described in “FrontAccounting Installation”.

I use FrontAccounting  2.1.0 beta Build 08.02.2009, Windows XP, IIS, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.8

After filling In the “FrontAccounting Installation Wizard” I get a black screen with the following two lines on it:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function display_error() in C:\Inetpub\FrontAccount\admin\db\maintenance_db.inc on line 240

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function display_error() in C:\Inetpub\FrontAccount\admin\db\maintenance_db.inc on line 240

Can someone help me with this problem.
Grz. Rob.

Re: First time installation problems

Hi Rob,
Seems we have introduced a bug in beta release. I have already fixed it and uploaded changed save.php file to CVS. If you want to continue testing you can change all occurrences of set_error in file install/save.php with display_error. This way you will be able to find exact source of trouble which is error during sql file processing.
Or if you wish I can send fixed file to your email box.
Thanks for info.
Janusz

Hi Janusz,

Thanks for your reaction.
I did a “replace all” for “set_error” to “display_error” in the file "install/save.php".
But my problems are not over jet.
Now I get the following two lines after filling in the “FrontAccounting Installation Wizard”:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function _() in C:\Inetpub\FrontAccount\admin\db\maintenance_db.inc on line 240

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function _() in C:\Inetpub\FrontAccount\admin\db\maintenance_db.inc on line 240

Can you help me also with this problem?

Grz. Rob.

Well, seems you have no gettext installed on your site. Please get rid with _() call over the message string in line 240. This finally should uncover exact error message.
Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Thank you for your reaction, you  are write about gettext.
Sorry about that, I do not have a lot of experience with PHP.  Are there more of these options I have to install?
At this moment I have installed:
  [PHP_MYSQL]
  extension=php_mysql.dll
  [PHP_GETTEXT]
  extension=php_gettext.dll

After installing gettext and filling in the “FrontAccounting Installation Wizard” I get a normal readable error on the top of the screen:

Error: SQL script execution failed in line 116: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'bank_trans_type_id' at row 1

Can you help me with this problem?

Grz. Rob.

If there is no complain about _() call seems this is sufficient to use gettext.
You have found small bug in en_US-demo.sql file which is related to your exact MySQL version.
The easiest way to fix this locally is to change '' to '0' after the date in lines 116-118.
Janusz

7 (edited by RobDeHaan 02/16/2009 08:44:46 pm)

Janusz,

Again thanks for your help. Now the installation wizard works OK!
When I start FA and login as “Admin” the program start with a “Notice” at the bottom of the screen:

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: _SESSION in C:\Inetpub\FrontAccount\includes\current_user.inc on line 201 PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Inetpub\FrontAccount\includes\current_user.inc on line 201

The application seems to work OK! But all the screens display the same “PHP Notice”

I think this is the last request for help . Hihihi
After this I can start testing.

Grz. Rob.

Hi Janusz or others,

I still have the problemes with the _SESSION as described above.
And FA is still not working.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks

I have no idea why you have the problem. $_SESSION variable is always defined when session support is enabled in php (in turn it is always defualt on). I even have no idea how to switch the session off to have this effect.
Janusz