Topic: PDF not printing

PDFs didn't work in German with utf8 so I loaded as advised the dejavu fonts. Changes in the php file weren't necessary as I saw. (2.1b)

Now printing works under Windows but not under Linux. The popup window appears, download starts but it always stops between 95% and 100%. Version is Ub 8.10 with FF 3.05

I switched on the pdf debug but I just got the raw pdf code on the screen.

Since I am in the middle of the translation I can still switch back to iso-8859-15 but I prefer utf8 if possible.

thx&rgds
rl

Re: PDF not printing

The broken pdf file generation in utf-8 encoding can arise when you have too low memory limit set in php.ini file. Tcpdf is much more memory hungry when using unicode.
Janusz

The limit is set to 320M. So this is probably not the culprit. It also doesn't explain why it works under Win.
I believe it's the Linux desktop because I have kind of a similar problem with another app.
However, I will produce a second (iso) version if this is easier to handle.

rgds
rl

ISO  version needs less resources, also pdf result is much lighter, so it would be good choice. Anyway UTF8 should also work, as it is used in some another much more problematic setups than German.
I entirely work under linux, so I can test this configuration if you would send me the message file. You will contact you by email.

Janusz

Thanks, all done. It's definitely my box. I checked it on another Linux machine and there it worked. Funny though that I do not have problems with English. Probably my locale settings, I never bothered to enable German.

Thanks for your efforts!