Topic: automate manufacturing steps

Hi,

I am new to FA so still trying to get my head around everything it does.  I buy and sell goods the following way and would like to know the best way of setting this up in FA.

I buy goods in packs of 50 from the supplier, then split them and sell them in packs of 1, 10 ,25 or 50.  Each pack size I sell has a fixed price but it is not simply a multiple of the the unit price 1 @ .99, 10 @ 1.79, 25 @ 2.99, 50 @ 4.99. 

I understand about manufactured products and the BOM but would like to have the process automated so that, for example, I can select the 10 pack item on the invoice and have the stock reduced automatically.  Sales kits do not work as the price gets rounded when it adds 10 of the individual unit onto the invoice. (1.79 / 10 = .179 then FA round it up to .18 so the invoice shows 1.80)

thanks in advance.

Re: automate manufacturing steps

The obvious "solution" would be to increase the prices...

(I know 1.79 is supposed to look cheaper than 1.80, but I'm not at all convinced. Personally, I think round figures somehow look more "honest".)

Or you could perhaps adjust the rounding settings. Either globally or by adding a test somewhere to not round when the product is a kit. (In fact, applying rounding at that stage might well be a bug. Perhaps someone else knows the intended behaviour.)

Re: automate manufacturing steps

Thanks, that's one way to go but I'm just old fashioned and still like the price points, also need to compete on eBay with other sellers low to high and keep a .99 option for listing purposes.

I would still like an automatic manufacturing option so if I added a 25 pack to an invoice it would just create and complete a works order without me having to manually go through each step in advance.