Topic: German Translation

Hi Guys,

I start here because this place is as good as any other.

I believe I know a little bit about ERP systems and I was looking for a suitable OS one for a very long time (I am fed up with ignorant and stupid proprietary software makers focusing on Enterprise customers with mediocre, 20 years old SW).

After checking everything that's available today (Compiere, OpenBravo, OpenERP, ERP5, JFire, Phreebooks, Phpbms, LXO, opentabs, Dolibarr and probably a few others) I found FA and I am excited.

Multilingual, multi currency, multi stock locations, correct booking of purchase price variances including COGS corrections, batch invoicing, recurring invoicing, different VAT rates per invoice and an interface that doesn't shout "php" from far away - it's incredible. Congratulations.

Since I plan to use the system to extend my SaaS offering (thus GPLv3 is not too bad honestly) I started to fix the German translation. After two days of hard work (I do have a good TMX...) I am almost there (raw) and within a week or two I should be able to contribute the first version of the lang files back to the community.

If there is anybody interested in helping - I will set up a demo that will have the latest de_DE version installed, proof reading and comments are highly appreciated. Please pm me for the address (probably from Mon/Tue this week - native speakers please).

Thanks & Kind Regards
rl

Re: German Translation

Thanks roblaus for your nice words. I hope a lot of German speaking users will help you smile

/Joe

Re: German Translation

I would like to help.