Topic: Default Purchase Price

Is there a way to assign a default purchase price for a particular item?

I have more than 500 items and I buy these items from number of suppliers at same price.

For example, I buy item 'X' at $1 a piece from number of suppliers. Similarly, I have number of products which I buy from various suppliers at same price

So, I wish a single default purchase price to be applied to all the suppliers for these items. please let me know how could I do that.

Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance.

NOTE: started this topic in 'FA Modifications'. But then thought this is the right place for this topic so will be closing & deleting this topic in deleting 'FA Modifications'.

Re: Default Purchase Price

The default FA doesn't support this. I think you can modify it youself. Just add an input text for standard purchase price in general setting form, add a column in stock master, and save to it. In purchase price form, just add some auto generate button which is generate entry data to table purch_data. The data entry is the pair of supplier id and the standard price that you set. I think it's not that hard. Maybe 2-3 hours of coding will do the trick.

Re: Default Purchase Price

Thank you 'barbarian'.

Your suggestion seems to work.

Though I am a newbie for php coding I would like to try myself to implement your suggestion and if i could complete the task successfully I would let you know.

Thanks again for your suggestion.