Topic: revised sales order (quote) or clone

I have customers that ask for quotes on products with different options/scenarios or call later and will like to revised the quote (sales order)
is there a way to register all this info in database, perhaps different reference number? I've seen some of my vendors using something like SO1234 for original quote and SO1234-01 for revised (-01, -02,-03 for every revised)
what I do now is I enter a new quote for every scenario, so basically spend a lot of time in copying most of the text from previews quote in to a new quote with appropriate changes... So cloning a previews quote or sales order can also work

Re: revised sales order (quote) or clone

Hi,

Yes this is possible by adding additional filed of original quote and then log it with revised one.

May following steps help u to design solution;

1. When creating revised quote; check revised and select orignal quote number.
2. When adding to database, add original trans number into the field.

Through reports then u can trace, all changes.

Regards
Yaseer

3 (edited by PHPdv 03/27/2014 08:33:03 am)

Dear All,

FA already have the tracking of the revision of sale qout/order(look sale_order table column version). only problem is that, while revision, FA replace previous data with new one. If you don't want  to need original data, then use this feature, and on reports, little amendment required, just add version record with original order no. 

Regards,
PHPDV

Here another scenario that happen to me recently. (and this happen quite often in my my business)

- I have a customer that need a quote for 20 items. (I need to manufacture and customize a lot of the items)
- I send him the quote and then in a few days he call back and try to change some of the variation of the items. (price change)
- I send him the revised quote and then in a few days he call back saying " You know what, what about if I do this in 2 phases, we keep the original configuration because I like it better but we do 10 items now and the other 10 items next month or so. Can you give me a revised quote for this.
- Now the problem is that I (or some other employee) already revised this quote 2 times, so how the heck would you remember what the previews quote look like.
- And this is just the beginning, the revision can keep happening a few more times after this point...

As you can see, if the items are standard there is no need to keep track of all the changes, you just add or remove items from your quote. BUT, for those companies manufacturing or offering services or just small customization to the products offered, recording of all this information become essential.