Topic: Bank Reconciliation Report

Hello everyone.  I really like Front Accounting and have been using it for a not-for-profit that I work with.  I have noticed something about the bank reconciliation report that isn't obvious at first but it quite tiresome.

If I perform a bank rec,say in January, and two transactions were not cleared at that date, the report will indicate this by not having a "clearing date" next to it when the transactions are listed for that month. 

The problem becomes apparent on the NEXT reconciliation.  Say that there are two more transactions in this rec that have not cleared, and the ones from January have still not cleared.  The report will show the CURRENT transactions that haven't cleared but I have to go back to January to figure out why it still doesn't reconcile.  In month three, this becomes more tiresome and so on.

Basically a report should just have 3 sections. 

Section 1 - G/L Bank balance compared to Statement Bank balance (the current report does this)
Section 2 - Transactions reconciled this month (the current report does this)
Section 3 - All un-reconciled transactions up to this month (the current report forgets transactions from previous months! oh no!)

Example:

Bank Balance $  xxxxxx
G/L Balance    $ xxxxxx
Unreconciled : $ xxxxxx (This is just the difference of G/L and Bank)

Items Reconciled this month:
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
Total Reconciled this month $ xxxxx

Outstanding Items (From ALL previous periods where item does not have cleared date)
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
xxxxx    $ xxxxx
Unreconciled Total $ xxxxxxxxx (this should match from section 1)

I am going to take a stab at this report but I know basically nothing about PHP. smile  Hoping someone here can maybe modify the one that's ALMOST perfect.