1 (edited by erwindebruin 01/29/2014 05:24:00 am)

Topic: Link customer payment entry after Invoice against sales delivery

Maybe we can include a link on the "Invoice # xxx has been entered screen" after creating an invoice against sales delivery (/sales/customer_invoice.php) to the invoiced customer in customer payment entry screen? Like it also appears after entering a supplier invoice, so after creating the invoice it is possible to directly record the payment.

I use FA for importing weborders (with the Zen Cart module) in FA. So all these orders are allready paid and after importing the orders I follow the steps: Delivery against sales orders > Invoice against sales delivery > Debtor payment. It would be very handy to include a link in de screen that appear after entering the invoice against sales delivery.

Now this screens options are:

- View This Invoice
- Print This Invoice
- Email This Invoice
- View the GL Journal Entries for this Invoice
- Select Another Delivery For Invoicing
- Add an Attachment

So the option "Enter Debtor payment for this invoice" would be very nice (link to /sales/customer_payments.php?AddedDI=XXXX  where XXXX is the sales invoice number).

This could be initiated by adding some code like this after line 66 in the file /sales/customer_payments.php

hyperlink_params("$path_to_root/sales/customer_payments.php", _("Enter debtor payment for this invoice"), "AddedID=$invoice_no");  ????

Maybe good idea to include in the core?

Re: Link customer payment entry after Invoice against sales delivery

Yes, this will be a good idea, however, we have the option for cash invoices which are being paid automatically, so we will have to make a filter for this. For cash invoices we should be able to print a receipt and for normal invoices we should have the option to make a customer payment. Will have a look into this.

/Joe

This has now been fixed. HG repository updated. Will be included in next minor release.

/Joe

Thanks Joe, just took some tests. Works perfect!

Joe, is is possible/idea to include the "enter payment" link also in the screen which appears after entering a credit note?

/sales/customer_credit_invoice.php?AddedID=XXXXXX

I guess you mean a Bank Payment, right? To payback to the customer.

Will look into this.

Maybe also a link after the supplier credit note to Bank Deposit or maybe not?

/Joe

thnx, yes indeed a bank payment.

yes would also nice to have it after entering a supplier credit note.

@erwindebruin

Normally credit notes are used for allocation of invoices. This is the fact when crediting invoices from the customer/supplier  transactions.

Using credit notes from the menu choice, Customer/Supplier Credit Notes is also used for allocations. this can be done from the Allocate Payments/Credit notes.

In my opinion a menu link after creating the Credit Notes will raise confusions about how and when to allocate the payments.

In the rare cases where you pay your customer a bank payment, you can use the credit note for allocation of this bank payment.
On the supplier side you create a bank deposit and use a credit note for allocation of the bank deposit.

So I will suggest we just leave it as is.

/Joe

hi joe,

OK. Sounds reasonable to leave it as it is to avoid confusions. It was just an idea smile