Topic: Who uses frontaccounting?

Does anyone use this in a corporate setting? Is it up to the challenge?

Re: Who uses frontaccounting?

Hi Dear,

We are using FA in 4 different Clients( 2 of them are small manufacturing companies and other 2 are resellers), as it is Free And Open source so you can enhance its functionality smile

Regards.
PhpDV

we're using it as our lead erp product for our clients (small and medium business).
Implementing, developping modules and adapting it to the context of our customers.
And so far, people are satisfied.

abdelghani

4 (edited by p2409 03/11/2014 03:34:49 am)

dadress wrote:

Does anyone use this in a corporate setting? Is it up to the challenge?

I'm using FA for a few clients with pretty large revenue bases so I guess they would count as corporates. I also use it myself.
The things I love about FA are:

• strikes the right balance between ease-of-use and proper accounting/bookkeeping practices ie. it's easy enough for a novice to use, but allows people familiar with traditional accounting to access to hardcore GL transactions eg. depreciation, write-offs and banking. Direct GL access, if you want it, is available and follows good accounting practices.

• code is pretty logical, and making enhancements straightforward

• Handles European/Australian tax arrangements well (VAT/GST etc.)

• Nice reports, especially (for me anyway) the Invoice report, where by using a compressed font (like Tuffy - I have put instructions in the wiki) you can get a lot of information on the one page.

• The forums haven't been overrun with clueless people or spammers asking stupid questions they haven't researched first.

• Joe and iTronics who run it all are fantastically responsive. Bugs are ironed out extremely quickly (usually a day or two). I'm yet to see any other package do this mod work and upgrading as well.

I also like the fact that FA is used in many non-English speaking countries, and supports other languages/formats like Arabic, giving people access to good software in a world that emphasises English speaking/US software. Lastly the user community is great: there are few 'dumb' questions on the forums - even if English is not their first language, people usually know their accounting stuff and ask constructive, useful questions.