Topic: Bank Account Payment Entry ERROR

Hi everyone,

when i go to Banking and General Ledger module and select "Bank Account Payment Entry"....everytime i click  "process payment" i got error like this.....

"The entered information is a duplicate. Please go back and enter different values."

What particular field that has duplicate value?

and F.Y.I. i already changed the counter number in SET-UP=>Forms Set-up.. and still i got the same error....

Please Help me....

Thanks,

Joelg

Re: Bank Account Payment Entry ERROR

Go into the Bank Account Inquiry and try to find the last bank payment entry. Memorize this number and go back to form setup and have a look again. The next number should be bigger than the one you memorized. I hope you find the problem. Why this has happened? Maybe the number has mistakenly been set back.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

This error will occur only when i select an option in the category of "Pay To:" for "Supplier" other  category like "Miscellaneous and customer" they were working in a good condition....What did i miss?

thanks,

joelg

It seems that an auto_increment number in some of the tables is out of sync. Not normal, but.
If you have access to phpMyAdmin on your server, maybe you can look at the next auto_increment number and see if this number is already in use. You should look in the bank_trans table and in the supp_trans table.
Otherwise I have no idea at present.

/Joe

I cannot reproduce this error, so seems this is some problem with your exact db content. To get more info where exactly the error rise please comment out the line 136 errors.inc (if friendly_db_error()) . Then you should have exact sql displayed, and you can find source of the error.

Janusz