Topic: Meanings of values in System and General GL Setup

Hi, I am new, and I would install frontaccounting in the company where I am employed. It's a small company and I have the the task to change the accounting software. Well I have an IT formation but no knowledge on accounting.  What I would like to know is where to start? Namely I would like to know the most fast way to understand the meaning of the various configuration values in System an General GL Setup. Does exist a tutorial o manual? That's because the online documentation doesn't explain the very basics questions. Thanx in advance

Re: Meanings of values in System and General GL Setup

Get an accountant or become one by mastering this tutorial.

apmuthu wrote:

Get an accountant or become one by mastering this tutorial.

It is exactly what I am looking for, a useless unswer. Thanx for wasting your time for me.

4 (edited by apmuthu 11/29/2013 04:11:16 pm)

Here may be some more waste of your time - have you tried the Wiki's config page? Please explain what you would like to see explained better in the Wiki's Systema and GL Setup page? It certainly is not a tutorial on Accounting principles which I'm sure you know is outside the scope of this application's knowledgebase.

What I means is that this forum and in general the website it is build with the idea, that people already know what have to do in terms accountings. I think that the most of people arriving here have little or no idea on what to do and, last but not least, no extra time to back on college's book. What I am suggesting is doing a little tutorial on the basics of accounting, and the utilization of front accounting in respect of accounting will improve the traffic of the website and utilization of frontaccounting, that actually means get bigger markets. Anyway that's is what I was looking for
http://www.wiscoaccounts.com/accounts.htm
Regards

Thankyou for the link. I have included it in the main Wiki Page - Accounting Primers