Topic: Suppliers linked to Items

Thanks again for being so helpful and fast to respond to questions in these forums and for providing such a great product.

We have many suppliers for our products and each supplier sells us different products. However some of them sell us the same product but at different prices.
It is sometimes hard to keep track of which supplier sells us what and for what price.

My question is this:  Is there a way in frontaccouting to see who the suppliers are of a certain product and what price they supply it to us at?

Here's a scenario: I would love to be able to look at my inventory and see that there is a product that is running low in stock.
I would then love to be able to easily see who my suppliers are for that item and what price they normally sell it to me for. 
Then I would love to be able to select the supplier I wish to order from and create a purchase order for that product and supplier with the price field automatically filled in.
It would also be great if the products in the selection list are only products offered by this supplier so I can then add other products to my purchase order that I know this supplier offers and have the correct pricing show up for that particular product from that particular supplier I am sending the purchase order to.

In summary, I would like to know if there is a way to keep track of suppliers and the individual products and prices they sell to me at with frontaccounting.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Suppliers linked to Items

We have currently implemented this feature partially. In Items&Inventory module you will find Purchasing Data option, where you can enter pricing data for all of your suppliers, and check who can supply which product. Then when you decide to order some product from selected customer, the pricing data is automatically retrieved from database.

Janusz