Topic: Dimension vs Brach

Can I use the Dimension as Branches and i would like to know if there is a possibility to add more than 2 in the Dimension?

Re: Dimension vs Brach

I'm not sure what you mean. Dimensions can be considered as one or two set of labels which can be attached to FA transactions. You can also define default dimensions for  stock items, suppliers and customers (but not customer branch) which are used in respective transactions.

Janusz

Thank you for your response. I would like to know if i can create several branches of one company. If yes how can i do that?

Yes, of course. You must create at least one branch for any company via Customer Branches page in Sales module. First select customer in the list selector at the top, then fill the form and press Add button to process. Reply the the process for all your customer branches.

Janusz

Thank you Janusz. One more question. After that I created the Branches and can this Branch have their own operations? (log on as Branch, sales, purchase, reports....etc)

By setting the sales account to another sales account in the branch accounts you can follow the sales of this account. But if you want to follow the results (purchase) etc. of a branch you should consider using a dimension instead.
In our next release, 2.1, you can put a dimension on the sales documents (delivery and invoice) and this way you will get the purchase (delivery notes) and the sales (sales invoice) for this dimension as well.
As you know many of the General Ledger reports can be filtered by dimensions, so you get results for your dimensions.

/Joe