Topic: How to add a new field in sales delivery

Hello there, firstly, I am not a programmer and I don't understand PHP that well and am hoping that someone out there will be willing to help. I have a feeling that this could be peanuts to most of you PHP gurus.

In /customer_delivery.php, there is already a field for "quantity" which is used to record the current delivery quantity. Now I need to add a new field called "quantity2" so that I can calculate the difference between "quantity" and "quantity2". In real life, this is to compare the weight shortages between two different weighbridge stations.

I know how to create a new column using phpmyadmin in debtor_trans_details but I am lost on how to display the newly created column in the form, as well as the coding required to accept the form value and update it into mysql.

Thank you very much.
KA

2 (edited by p2409 09/06/2013 05:30:19 am)

Re: How to add a new field in sales delivery

KA I'm afraid the task is going to be way beyond your skills. Adding the column in phpMyAdmin is the easy part: now you will have to go through many PHP files and change all the queries that access the table you're using. From memory, it's inadvisable to just change the query/SQL for only the screen you want, you need to modify it everywhere the table is accessed. This may be 10-20 places - modifying the database structure in FA, like most systems is a fairly hefty piece of work. You will need to understand the basic structure of FA with it's logical access to tables, and almost 'message-like' approach to processing work tasks.

Thanks for the explanation. It's been a while now since I posted this. Is there any new development, custom fields perhaps?

Thanks.

Regards,
KA Ahmad

Yes. The Non Field DB Data concept has now become available - see detailed instructions in the wiki.