Topic: using partial items in BOM

Hello all,

we are having some issues creating new manufactured items that uses part of purchase item.

example:

buy 1 case of 24 items and we want to sell them by the single item.

I cannot enter 1/24th (0.04167) cases to create 1 individual item.

we buy in quantity and sell individual units (for profit, of course)

please help! how do I accomplish this?

Re: using partial items in BOM

In the item tab, you can enter some supplier specific info in the Purchase Pricing. You have a conversion factor where you can set 24 and regulate the internal price accordingly.
While this doesn't work fully in 2.0.x, it will be better supported in 2.1 that are under development. These fields will automatically be updated in 2.1 when creating PO receivals/invoices.

/Joe

I have a similar problem.

I can buy an item in case quantities or as single units.

In my manufacturing process I cut them in 1/2 to make a finished product.

I also purchase bulk product (20kg or 44lbs and in some cases 50lbs)
and sell 1/4, 1/2, 1lb units

What is the best way to do these?

tom

4 (edited by tom 03/31/2009 11:43:06 am)

I think it would help some people (including ME smile ) if the demo data included purchasing in case quantities for maybe the CD ROM drive or something new.

There may be other features that could be better explained via the demo

I would be happy to work with someone to set up some examples I can understand (then *anyone* should be able to)

I figured out how to do what I need.

I define the Bulk Item I stock on the shelves with units I use (lbs) and enough decimal places to account for all my needs.
(In my case 1lb, 1/2lb, 1/4lb) 1.00

So I buy it in 50 lb buckets and sell in 0.25 increments
(I use a Work Order to convert from 1 bucket purchased to 50lbs of stock)

I then can use sales kit of the BULK item and the quantity input looks up the units used for the BULK and allows the proper number of decimal places.

The problem I had was not allowing decimal places on the Bulk item, once I added those it all made sense

tom