Topic: Supplier entry page

1. I have found that I require additional fields for the supplier entry page and I am confident that others could/would find them helpful as well if they were included. This extra info would be mainly for appearing on purchase orders etc.

As I do not know how to post images to this forum, I have created a mockup which can be viewed at http://zjunction.com/Suppliers.htm

I have displayed the additional fields required in red.

2. Also, the field for 'Bank Account', I am not sure what the intention of this field is.  Normally, I would expect to see, Bank name, branch/branch code and account number.

If someone could explain what to do with this single field I would be grateful.

3. A possible bug.
When the option 'Search supplier list' is checked under company setup one can only add new suppliers.  When unchecked, one can access existing suppliers in the drop-down for editing.  Not sure if this is by design or not. Maybe I need assistance in understanding the use of these search check boxes under Company setup.

The version of FA is v2.0.5

Once again, a great thank you to the developers of this fine application.

Re: Supplier entry page

One thing that would be great in the future for Front Accounting is if they allowed us to set up Custom Fields for each part of the system.

For example if you want to track specific data on a supplier or a customer or a product you could add custom fields to keep track of those things.

There would be more flexibility.  One system that does this pretty well is vtiger crm.

Check out how they do custom fields and picklists for their system and it might give you some ideas.

Thanks,
Dave

Hello guys,
Thanks for your contributions. Yes, the information for the Supplier is quite modest. We will extend the info in the next release 2.1, that we are working on at present. The field Bank Account is just for what you have guessed. We will change the label to Bank name/account. It is an info field.
Regarding the list search feature enabled. You use a '*' and tab key to fill the combobox. Or you can search for partly strings. This is handy if you have a bunch of customers/suppliers and/or items.

We have internal been discussing the extra fields. We have decided to stall these implementations at present and concentrate on the accountancy flow through all the sections in FrontAccounting. The transactions are huge and with currency rates/discounts and taxes with a lot of decimals we must first secure that the flow works all around. This is the main task for us.

/Joe

How or where do we edit the stored SUPPLIERS?

Want to edit previously entered/saved supplier.

thanks

Thanks for the information because i am also facing the problem....
smile

Well, I'm not sure what the problem you've found. Suppliers data can be edited in Purchasing/Suppliers, exactly in  the same place when is was entered.
Janusz

Have you got the 'Search Supplier List' enabled in Company Setup, Setup tab?

/Joe