Topic: Belgian account tree, groups and sub-groups.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genormaliseerd_rekeningstelsel/bijlage

This is an example of the Belgian legal account tree and this must be followed by all companies. As you can see there are classes, groups and sub groups. Within these groups and sub-groups the accounts fore registration are made. They work as a tree. For example in class 6 there is group 60 with subgroups 600, 601, 602 and accounts 6001, 6002 .... ; 6010, 6011 ...; 6020, 6021 ... . Each sub-group can have sub-groups with accounts. To fill in the yearly declaration the totals for each sub-group, group and class are needed. In practice  8 digit accounts are used. The balance sheets in frontaccounting do not show the totals for each group and making subgroups seems to be not possible. How to solve this?

Re: Belgian account tree, groups and sub-groups.

Correction, sub-groups can be defined but totals are not shown for groups and sub-groups in the balance sheet.

demille wrote:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genormaliseerd_rekeningstelsel/bijlage

This is an example of the Belgian legal account tree and this must be followed by all companies. As you can see there are classes, groups and sub groups. Within these groups and sub-groups the accounts fore registration are made. They work as a tree. For example in class 6 there is group 60 with subgroups 600, 601, 602 and accounts 6001, 6002 .... ; 6010, 6011 ...; 6020, 6021 ... . Each sub-group can have sub-groups with accounts. To fill in the yearly declaration the totals for each sub-group, group and class are needed. In practice  8 digit accounts are used. The balance sheets in frontaccounting do not show the totals for each group and making subgroups seems to be not possible. How to solve this?

Are you sure you do this correctly?

We have done a huge testing about this and everything work perfectly.

Joe

The Trial balance gives only the amounts for the accounts but does not give totals for sub-groups and groups. I did not enter a starting balance. I am just trying out the account tree I made by making some entries.

joe wrote:

Are you sure you do this correctly?

We have done a huge testing about this and everything work perfectly.

Joe

Sorry for wasting your time. I found de results in General ledger reports: Balance sheet. Also in balance drill down. I am used to see the results and have a complete overview making a trial balance.

Sincerely Yours,

De Mille