Topic: Adding items having same model with different serial numbers

Hello there,

I have searched the forum regarding the subject captioned above however could not able get the answer. Let's get into details of the requirement.

Say, i have to purchase/Sale SONY VAIO Laptop E-Series of 05 nos of quantity. All the laptops belongs to the same series and have the same configuration however with different serial numbers. So, while making the invoice, can i add the item as like below ?

SONY VAIO Laptop E-Series   .......       5 Nos........  Price...............  & so on
(Sl.No-1, Sl.No-2, Sl.No-3.........)

Why i am opting for this is, while selling 5 nos of same model laptop and adding it in the invoice for 5 times only because of different serial numbers many not look great in the invoice.

Hope, some body will kind enough to guide me to achieve this, if that is possible with FA.

Thanks.

Re: Adding items having same model with different serial numbers

Can't you use the 'foreign item codes' in Items and Inventory tab for this?

/Joe

Thank you Joe for your quick response. I will go through it and post here with the outcomes.

You can also mark the laptop description as editable in Items, and just add serials on invoice issue, however there is not much space for item description in invoice form, so it will work for small quantities.
Janusz