Topic: print only statements with non-zero balance?

How do I print only statements of customers which have a non-zero balance? 

We have relativity few customers (1% of several thousand) which have a balance at the end of the month and they need to be sent a statement.   Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

ed10

Re: print only statements with non-zero balance?

If you use report Customer Balances, Choose 'No-zeroes' and if you want you can choose 'Show Balance'. This way you should get only non-zeroes values.

If you print out statements, it will only print out not fully allocated records.

/Joe

Hi Joe:

I did Print Statements using Show Also Allocated: No.

One of the statements I got had body:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trans Type  # Date DueDate Charges Credits Allocated Outstanding

Outstanding Transactions

Sales Invoice 124 01/15/2013 01/15/2013 210.40 210.40 -0.00

Current  1-30 Days  31-60 Days  Over 60 Days  Total Balance
0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me this is a zero balance, customer owes us nothing. I don't know why it is being printed.

This is what I don't want printed.  I must not be understanding something about how the statements are being selected for printing.  How do I avoid printing such statements?

Thanks for you quick replies,

ed10

I don't know why this is printed if you selected 'Dont show allocated items'. Maybe there are some rounding problems?

Joe

@Joe I remember having this problem a while ago and raising a bug about rounding issue, I think it's been sorted.
@ed10 which version of FA are you running ?

/Elax

Version 2.3.15 Build 20.02.2013 on Ubuntu 12.04lts

It's fixed on my version , but apparently not in the official FA.
I have a patch for it but I don't how to post a file on this forum.

Does the fix fix the old data from previous invoices/payments or just fix the invoices/payments from now on?

The fix just fix a rounding bug in the report not filtering properly, it doesn't alter the data.
Therefore, it work for old and new data.

/Elax

elax:

Thanks for you info.  I imagine that the fix will show up in the FA before too long. 

It seems to be that the best way to fix the problem would not be in a fix in the filter but a fix when the data is entered into the database.

ed10