Topic: Presets for common transactions

We would love the ability to set presets for things like certain expenses, sales or transactions that happen often.

For example, if we have an expense like Fed Ex shipping charges that happen often but are not the same amount each month, it would be great to have the ability to just hit our preset button that will allow us to enter the amount of the transaction but already has the GL accounts preset so we don't have to select them each time.

It will save a ton of time with data entry.

There is a great example of how you could set up your presets in an opensource software located at: 

http://myfina.ridinglinux.org/

There progamming structure is similar to fa's in terms of how they set up their database for multiple companies and use php and mysql just like fa.

Check out there presets feature and it may give you some ideas for how you could do an even better preset feature for fa.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Re: Presets for common transactions

Hello Dave,
Thanks for your tip, but we have already implemented this feature in release 2.1 unstable. It works just as simple as this, but is, however, a lot more sophisticated. Take a look yourself at: http://fa2.iron.from.pl . User: demouser Password: password and select Banking and General Ledger. In the Maintenance section there is a menu choice: Quick Entries. And you can select GL Journal Entry and up right you can select a Quick Entry, Transfer, input an amount and press Go. Thats it. Ah, you have to press Process Journal before updating, but you have a chance to eventually change something, should it be needed.
This release is not the latest one, but it has recurrent invoices. The release is updated from our CVS repository now and then when new things are implemented, so you can look in here frequently.
We are at present preparing the POS and Barcode/SKU for items.

/Joe

Re: Presets for common transactions

Thanks for the update, Joe.

I looked at the demo of 2.1.
Great job on the quick entry.  I am excited to use it.  I think it will really make front accounting much easier to use for those that don't have an accounting background.

You mentioned that you are having a POS option with barcodes.
That would be great.
Most of our clients run small retail stores and it would be great if their sales data at their POS station can go straight into front accounting in a similar way to how quickbooks POS works.
Most of our clients use quickbooks POS right now.

Any idea when you will be releasing 2.1?  I am sure you get that question a lot. 

Let me know if there is any specific help you need at this point and we will do our best to support the project.

Thanks,
Dave