Topic: Accessing 10 remote offices accounts centrally

I have business in several cities and 10 branch offices are located in 7 different cities. I want to use Front Accounting for my business with professional support. Before that I need to know :

1. Is it possible for me to see all the accounts of the remote offices?
2. Each branch will have several users with different previlages, is it possible with this software?

Please repond the EXPERTS. I need this type of system badly.

2 (edited by apmuthu 04/26/2013 02:48:14 pm)

Re: Accessing 10 remote offices accounts centrally

Are the Businesses separate companies or profit centres?
Should any employee be able to make entries in more than one location?

The Dimensions / Tags feature of FA should see you thru.

Inventory / Customers / Transactions - must they be viewable and accessible by all? Do they share the same stationery? TimeZone? Currencies?

Federated databases in MySQL can be used with dummy views in one non-transactional install of FA can appear to mimic the subsidiary concept.

You can choose to keep all of them as separate entities and view them all from one location - single FA install with multiple companies and one browser interface with separate logins.

Oh! really thanks for your quick reply.

1. They are not seperate companies. They are branch offices of one company. I want to see branch offices account with one single login. Is it possible?

2. I need 2-3 employee should be able to make entries from more than one location.

3. They will share same stationary, timezone and curriencies.

Is all of these possible? May my requirements are more clear this time.

Thanks to all.

4 (edited by apmuthu 04/26/2013 05:27:18 pm)

Very easy!
Place network printers in each location and turn on CUPS-BSD Printing and set it in each user's profile.
Keep one or more userids for each location if needed so that the profile of the printers and stationery can be stored.

Keep Dimensions as the Branches.

Just one company install is sufficient.

One user login can see all the branches.

Filter by Dimension (branches) for branch transactions.

Specific set of transactions across locations can be bunched together using Tags. Example will be one supplier supplying goods to more than one location to be bunched together for evaluating average cost of his supply alone and then making payment across all supplies.

Limits:

Hi, as an "accounting user" of Front (not a programming user) I have some practical questions:

1.Is there a limit to the number of users I can create in one company?
2. Is there a limit to the number of users that can log in and use one company simultaneously?
3. What is the max number of inventory items, customers and suppliers that Front can handle comfortably?

Thanks
Mark

As a generally answer to your questions, there are no limits.

Joe

thanks.
appreciated.
Mark