Topic: force negative stock

It would be nice if the force negative stock flag could be overridden temporarily when doing a direct invoice or a delivery.

Sometime, we try to dispatch an order and for some reason the stock in FA is null whereas we have some on hand
The usual workflow is ,
-  try do the delivery
- system complains that there is no stock available
- go to company setup
- tick the allow negative stock
- go back to the delivery
- dispatch the order

... everything is fine so far

and usually we forget to untick the allow negative stock back.
So what would be great would be that  when system moans because there is not stock available, it also offer the possibility to do the delivery and override the 'allow negative stock checkbox' just for this transaction.
A big button like 'Yes I know, please let me do it anyway' would be fine.

Ideally, this button will be subject to appropriate permission.

Some people might think why am I allowing not allowing negative stock all the time ?
- Because I want to be warned when there is a problem, 90% of the time the system is real  and I don't want to allow negative stock. That might also depend on the product (most of the "false" negative stock problem occurs when we are dispatching a manufacturing a product and didn't have the time to create the BOM for it and we are rushing to finish everything before the delivery man come collect it).

/Elax

Re: force negative stock

Very nice workflow - setting flags and then remembering to uncheck them gets us wrong most of the time - like forgetting to take tablets!