1 (edited by vcrashed 04/14/2013 05:05:47 am)

Topic: Install in local server and online server

I want to install FA in three local server as POS and one is in online server. Is it possible to update local server work with online server database by clicking on a button? Actually, it is done to not connect internet continuously.

Re: Install in local server and online server

Not sure I understand the question, but you can configure the network so that the only PC online is one "local server" and the other 2 can only see the internal network and not see the internet.

Im new to FrontAccounting so I cant help with that yet....but networking is no worries.

Create the FA installs locally in each POS machine with the same SQL as in the online one. Then change the Reference Nos to be an unique prefix in each Setup->Forms Setup.

Now arrange to export the local db changes to the remote one filtered for the local prefix. This can be done with a php script linked to a "single click button" on the local POS install. This ofcourse assumes that there are no file uploads / documents in the local install that may have been changed.

apmuthu wrote:

Create the FA installs locally in each POS machine with the same SQL as in the online one. Then change the Reference Nos to be an unique prefix in each Setup->Forms Setup.

Now arrange to export the local db changes to the remote one filtered for the local prefix. This can be done with a php script linked to a "single click button" on the local POS install. This ofcourse assumes that there are no file uploads / documents in the local install that may have been changed.

Apmuthu,

Can you explain more about your solution here?  I am trying to do the same thing as vcrashed has asked about.  I want to have a local install of FA on my computer that I can use in an offline setting while at a trade show as my POS and have it sync with the online FA version once I get an internet connection again.

From your post it sounds like this is possible, but I want to make sure.  Also, I am not a coder so I wouldn't know how to create a "single click button".  Can you help me create this or point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

MyHandgunPurseDotCom