1 (edited by msmith 03/21/2013 12:45:51 pm)

Topic: DATABASE ERROR : FATAL : duplicate purchase order found

Hi, today I deleted an incorrect Purchase order that had been incorrectly made in the past. This PO was making an inventory item have a quantity of 1 in the "on order" column which was incorrect.

When I deleted it I got a blank page with a duplicate sql error on it.

When checking other purchase orders something strange has happened because now I get a red FA warning indicating:

<< DATABASE ERROR : FATAL : duplicate purchase order found
sql that failed was : >> (There is no indication to where the error is)

I've looked at the Database, but doesn't seem to be anything strange (duplicates or same codede PO's) in the purch_orders table....

Please any help will be appreciated !!

Re: DATABASE ERROR : FATAL : duplicate purchase order found

I think I have fixed the problem. Somehow although the order had been deleted there were still remnants of it in the grn_batch, grn_data & purch_data tables which I deleted. This has seemed to do the trick.

Did you delete the purchase order through SQL? I think that voiding the transaction would likely be a better move than trying to delete the purchase order through PHPMyAdmin or something similar.

Yes, sure. To avoid database inconsistency, transactions should be voided in FA. Direct intervention in db shoul;d be considered last resort, when your  database is inconsistent due to some real bug in FA.

Janusz

All this happened without touching the DB.

I went into the DB afterwards, just to delete the inconsistencies that had been left over and that were causing this error... It must be a bug or in any case misuse of the tool, but it shouldn't leave inconsistencies like it did...

Ok, then it would be good to reproduce the conditions leading to this problem. This would help find the bug.
Janusz