Topic: Function "Payments to supplier": Exchange rate ignored?

Hi, our home currency is NZD, but we also pay USD suppliers from an EUR account (EUR account is in FA). I enter the correct exchange rate into the field "Exchange Rate", but the USD value does not match afterwards with what I have on my transfer receipt. Apparently the already existing exchange rates in the database are used, which are the official ones. Just try to enter as exchange rate "1", as long as there are other exchange rates available the result will not match.
So either I haven't understood the concept behind this option or this is a real bug...
Cheers
Andreas

Re: Function "Payments to supplier": Exchange rate ignored?

Exchange Rate is 1 for home currency. Recalculate all the others (done by getting the current exchanges rates and adjusting as required) and create currencies you use but are currently absent ad acquire / fix their exchange rates.

Re: Function "Payments to supplier": Exchange rate ignored?

All currencies are created and maintained with correct exchange rates - otherwise I wouldn't be able to enter any transactions.
The problem is that I have exchange rates USD/NZ and EUR/NZ. When I enter now a purchase payment for an USD supplier from an EUR account, both exchange rate tables are used to acquire the proposed exchange rate, rather than the field, which is also existing in the form - any values I enter in the field are ignored for calculation.
So what happens to the value in form then?
(type="text" name="_ex_rate" size="8" maxlength="8" value="1.186675">  NZD = 1 USD)