Topic: Chart of Accounts Question

By default, the US chart of accounts is installed.
I've installed the Australian COA, but how can I be sure it is the Australian COA? What happens if I install multiple COA? Which one is used?

Re: Chart of Accounts Question

As long as you haven't restored any company with this COA, nothing happens. But you can select it, when creating a new company.

/Joe

Or modify the existing US COA install in the company by changing the entries - GL Accounts / Classes / Groups / Preferences, etc.

joe wrote:

As long as you haven't restored any company with this COA, nothing happens. But you can select it, when creating a new company.

/Joe

is this still the same?
Ive created a company, but obviously didn't have a choice of COA until id, you know, created the company. How does one activate a newly installed COA?
Ive just done mine for Australia too.

Thanks for the replies, lol.
nvm Ive sorted it thanks to the forsight of using a virtual machine and making snapshots of it.

For everyone else who might have done this, you need to install the Chart of Accounts (COA) DURING THE INITIAL WEBPAGE SETUP, you cant do it after.....as Ive found out alone.

6 (edited by apmuthu 04/20/2013 07:47:13 am)

You can install chart of accounts even after installing FA. The newly installed COAs can be used in subsequent creation of companies. All this can of course be done only from the Setup /Create Company Menu in the Default / Main Company (generally 0) only.