Topic: Reset full system (Delete all entries)?

My installation have many sample data which I created while looking around the system.
Is there are way that I can reset complete system so that it becomes fresh installation?

Re: Reset full system (Delete all entries)?

No, but you can restore the company from the same script as you started with.

/Joe

Is there any option to delete all the entries from within the system itself? (To delete as batch or by selecting multiple entries at a time)

I am not sure this is possible in FA. The best practice with any installation is to backup a clean copy once the setup is all done. You of course can do this at the DB level, but please make sure you understand the ERD of FA tables.

I found an SQL script somewhere in the forum for an earlier version of FA (can't remember which one but I think it was 2.2.x) that supposedly wipes the data clean.  I tried to modify it to work with 2.3.13 but when I ran it it made a terrible mess of things so I ended up having to start from a clean install.

My recommendation is to NOT try and wipe the sample data and reset the database.  There are just too many interrelated tables and if something goes wrong you're totally screwed.  In the end, it is probably much easier to just start fresh with a clean install.  However, if you wish to give it a try I do wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Chris

Beware: Some new tables and data get created / modified when some extensions get installed.

That might have been part of why my attempt at wiping the database clean didn't work.  What happened was not all of the data was erased, and some of the indexes got mangled.  When I tried to then restore the real data from a backup, stuff got jumbled up....  GL accounts weren't balancing, reports were wrong, etc.

8 (edited by apmuthu 02/04/2013 12:57:25 am)

Mere deletion of data records is insufficient.
The auto_increment counter has to be reset as well if used.
Hence a TRUNCATE command is better suited for purges.

Also, some of the data should not be purges as they may pertain to
  permissions,
  logical inter-relationships used in code,
  drop-down list and other form element choices,
  sys_prefs choices.

The recomended way: After FA is setup and tweaked (extensions, languages, roles, prefs) the way you want it. take a backup and use it to restore for purges later on. Remember the passwords as well for the restored state.