Topic: Accessing Inventry Items and Customer list

I am working on a module which involves

* Inventory
* Customer
* Sales

I checked deep into the database structure of front accounting, There are 2 tables which lists the inventory
1 is 'stock_master' and the other is 'item_codes'. Then the 'crm_persons' customer. Ok lets come to the point.

1. Is there any interface which I can access Customers and Inventry (with the price) from from accounting without touching into database?
2. Interface to post sales?

I was googling and could not find any explanation. I am would more appriciated if I can get the answer for this.

Thanks

Re: Accessing Inventry Items and Customer list

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to grant access to inventory listing for your customers without possibility to entry sales?
If this is what you mean, you can try configure special role for customer access.

Janusz

itronics wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to grant access to inventory listing for your customers without possibility to entry sales?
If this is what you mean, you can try configure special role for customer access.

Janusz

I am sorry if you could not get my point. In sort, what is the API for accessing Customer, Inventry Items and make GL posting?

There is no formal specification of FA internals, but due to structured FA architecture this should be easy to guess. The database helpers are defined in *.inc files in respective includes/db folders. You can use them directly if you plan to write some extension module. If you rather want to interact via remote interface, you can try start with some of the partially implemented API modules implementing for SOAP or REST services. Unfortunatelly those are also far from completeness, so you will probably need to extend them somewhat.

Janusz

Check out SimpleAPI for FA in the Wiki.