Topic: Unable to do work after database restore

Hi,

I've installed version 2.3.12 only about a week ago. After entering a direct invoice against the demo data I thought I would try to restore from a backup I did immediately after the install. The backup seemed to hang almost immediately so I opted to restore via myPhpAdmin using default options. myPhpAdmin indicated a successful restore but the result is the same.

Problems like this are usually user-related. If anyone can point me in the direction of a correction it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Unable to do work after database restore

I would check the config_db.php (located in the frontaccounting folder)  file to make sure the settings in this file correspond to the settings you have in Mysql.  I would also check the user setting in Mysql to make sure they have an the necessary permissions to interact with the data.

Hi thespud,

Thanks for the reply. Not having much luck on this end. Just decided to delete everything (including db) and start over with new 2.3.13 and see what happens. Everything seemed to install OK and the main menu presented as expected. Upon attempting to add a line item in the direct invoice the 'caution' triangle presented itself again.

What I did notice is that I don't have config_db.php file in the frontaccounting folder. Is this supposed to be auto-generated by the install script?

Thanks,
Scott

I've installed FrontAccounting 4 times (i'm having issues of my own). I looks like the file is generated when you enter the data regarding the database information during the installation. Here is an example of the file:

===============================================================
<?php

/*Connection Information for the database
$def_coy - the default company that is pre-selected on login

'host' - the computer ip address or name where the database is. The default is 'localhost' assuming that the web server is also the sql server.

'dbuser' - the user name under which the company database should be accessed.
  NB it is not secure to use root as the dbuser with no password - a user with appropriate privileges must be set up.

'dbpassword' - the password required for the dbuser to authorise the above database user.

'dbname' - the name of the database as defined in the RDMS being used. Typically RDMS allow many databases to be maintained under the same server.
'tbpref' - prefix on table names, or '' if not used. Always use non-empty prefixes if multiply company use the same database.
*/

$def_coy = 0;

$tb_pref_counter = 1;

$db_connections = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    'name' => 'Company Name',
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'dbuser' => 'mysql user acct',
    'dbpassword' => 'password',
    'dbname' => 'mysql db name',
    'tbpref' => '0_',
  ),
);
?>

Hi spud,

Thanks for that.

I did determine that config_db.php is being generated via install and have verified that the connection settings are indeed correct.

the issues I am having are rather peculiar. I have tried reinstalling using different db name, db user/pw, and install directory and am getting the same results. I can login and navigate to the direct invoice screen where the application successfully reads the database and populates the form with default customer and first-item selectable information. But, the moment I try to select an alternate item from the drop-down list the application hangs and I get the 'caution triangle' at the top of the screen; apparently after some operation timeout.

What is peculiar is that everything worked beautifully until I attempted backup/restore. I can't imagine that a parameter outside of the FA directory structure was somehow modified and is ultimately impacting program execution.

Thanks,
Scott

Check the SQL schema diffs between before and after backup/restore

Hi apmuthu,

Thanks for the recommendation. On the re-installs, I had even deleted the original database with no affect.

Scott