Topic: Purchasing approval

How do I set Approval level for purchasing? Does FA have multiple approval level?

Re: Purchasing approval

Look into Access Setup (you must be an administrator).

/Joe

sorry if my question seems a bit dumb. but i already look into Access Setup and couldnt figure out how to setup Purchasing Approval

First pick up the Access Role. Then look at the headers strting with Purchase. Unmark these headers if you will restrict this Access Role. Then put this access role on the User in User Setup.

/Joe

Thank you for your prompt reply. Maybe I should let myself be more clear of what problem I'm facing. Under Purchase header there are 3 main item: Purchase Configuration, Purchase Transaction, Purchase Analytics. But none of these can set whether this certain purchase above $CC need approval from Mr. XX or Mr. YY or both of them or something like that. I know the access role can set who can create the PO and who can only see it. But what I want is Mr. AA can create, then if the amount is above $CC the system automatically send this PO to Mr. XX for Mr. XX to click "approve purchase" or "reject purchase" (or something like that).

This is not possible in FA.

Joe

Oh. Thank you anyway for your kind help. maybe sometime in the future

Joe, Any plans to build this into FA some time soon?

What guidance would you give if we want to execute it on our own. This would be a very useful function from the managements perspective.