Topic: Different Customer Types

We're using FA to manage a coffee planters co-operative society in Africa in a bid to ensure effective accounting of the societies.

We have tried a lot to adapt it to their accounting methods which has not been as hard thanks to clean coding standards used by the FA development team. The society has two different types of customers, the members themselves and the marketers of the milled coffee in the international market.

What method do i need to edit so that i can be able to select only members or customers or suppliers when i go to enter a Bank Account Payment Entry assuming I've edited the debtors_master to include a field which specifies the type of customer.

Re: Different Customer Types

First you should make list selector for members in ui_lists.inc. This is very simple by copy-paste customer_list(), change its name to say members_list() and modify SQL used. Then you should add new type in person_payment_types class in types.inc. The last step is to modify display_bank_header() in gl_bank_ui.inc to include support for new PayType.

Good luck
Janusz

3 (edited by marvo 09/24/2008 08:07:32 pm)

it worked, thanks alot...

Look into payment_person_type class code. All the functions should be fixed to count your new payment type. Also has_items().

Janusz

thanks, it worked. now i have another problem. the society has 2000 members so scrolling down the list to get member number 2000 will not be fun for sure. how can i convert the drop down to be editable so that the data entry clerk can type the member number and it automatically gets the details same as it was implemented in the Purchase Order Entry?

To have customer list searchable you should check Search Customer List in Ocmpany Setup.Then when you press space tab you can entry exact customer number or pattern to search. If you want to have direct access to customer database via F4 key use the code related to context calls you will find e.g. in sales_order_entry.php

Janusz

the search customer list is already checked but still cannot search. i did not understnad the F4 key part, care to be more layman?

and also, i want to remove the branch functionality without damaging the application because the members do not have branches. i'm already thankful for all the advise and pointers

i hit a snag in the above adventure so i'll look into it later..now, i need to implement a loan management module which will allow the co-operatives to give their members crop picking advances(loans) for buying farm implements. i just need a quick guide on how i can go about it...any help will be appreciated