Topic: barcode integration possible in FrontAccounting

barcode integration  possible in FrontAccounting

Re: barcode integration possible in FrontAccounting

Yes. If you have barcode scanner pluggable in between your box and kbd, you can use it together
with Foreign Item Codes definitions.
Janusz

Please tell e about pluggable  barcode scanner. do you know any? I can buy it integrate it.

What kind of barcode scanner do you want. Here I googled two barcode scanners: C# barcode scanner, .NET barcode scanner.
If they are not suitable, you may try to find it through Google.

Hi can u brief me  more on ? you mean by " with Foreign Item Codes definitions. " also there no PHP barcode scanner , also which one is best and simple with FA.

6 (edited by apmuthu 11/03/2013 11:33:39 am)

Items and Inventory => (Maintenence) Foreign Item Codes

Refer Wiki:
https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.ForeignItemCodes

Bro , actually i have made my own custom module where i have long database relationship between 4-5 tables , each table is connected with one other ( like foreign keys vise ) .. hence please let me know ? precaution should i take , that while using Barcode , i dont face any prb. actually i am bit new and haven't used bar-code or any other scanner .

please let me know in brief . thanks

also there is not enough or easy step  @ https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.ForeignItemCodes .

If your custom module has it's own tables updated from within it without touching the core FA tables, you have nothing to worry. Your module should be comprehensive enough to make any changes to it's tables when core FA dependent tables change.

Barcode is only a keyboard interface and once the cursor is in a barcode value box and the barcode scan button is pressed, the barcode's value enters the field. Depending on the terminating character code set in the barcode scanner (TAB or ENTER key), the effect will either be a passon to the next field or a submit action for the form.

Unless you submit your module for peer review no one will be able to help you any further here.

I agree with apmuthu.

Barcode is only a keyboard interface and once the cursor is in a barcode value box and the barcode scan button is pressed, the barcode's value enters into input field.

season321 wrote:

What kind of barcode scanner do you want. Here I googled two barcode scanners: C# barcode scanner, .NET barcode scanner.

Thanks for sharing. But i wonder what symbologies those barcode scanner supports and it works only with webcam??

season321 wrote:

I'm doing this with VB.NET. So I might check the .NET reader. Thanks for sharing this.