Topic: Customer Payment not updated

The "customer payment entry page" does not update as it did in earlier versions.

I am using version 2.3.11

To reproduce this problem:

Create 2 Sales Order Entries

Got to "Sales Orders Inquiry"

Process the first order through to invoicing.

Go to "Customer Payments"

Here is the problem. If the customer name is entered exactly, and there is only one customer with that name, the page does not refresh to show the amount owing. A manual refresh is required.

Previous versions would refresh when the payment option was selected, but this does not happen with the current version.

A workaround is to enter a partial name, but if that partial name brings up the desired customer as first choice, a manual refresh is still required. Only by selecting another customer, then the desired customer, do the payment details fill in.

Re: Customer Payment not updated

I can see that if the "search for customer" option is not selected, you will be forced to select the desired customer from a list and then the page will update as desired.

However, if there are many customers, the "search for customer" option is very handy.

I think it makes more sense for the page to update when the bank account is selected, or better yet, to have the customer name and payment details prefilled when going to the payment page.

Please read about the 'search customer list' in the wiki at www.frontaccounting.com/fawiki .

Joe

Many Customers?

If you have many records you can enable Search Customer List in Company setup. You can then start a search by pressing a space in the Customer List, or use the edit box in front of the list if such one is available. Now enter fragment of Customer name and press tab. The list will now be populated with relevant records. If you enter a *, all records will be shown.

Yes, I know how to use the search customer list - it is my preferred method since I have a customer base of more than 2000.

I guess nobody else sees this as a bug or a flaw. It's bugging me because the previous versions would update the screen when a new bank account was selected.

As it is now, I have to manually refresh the screen to bring up the customer payment details, and then select the appropriate bank account for payment.

My method for using FA is to import orders into FA as Sales Order Entries, then process them one by one, finally adding the customer payment after each order is processed and invoiced.

It would be a great help if there was a link to customer payment after creating the invoice, and the customer payment details are already filled in, as is the case when processing a single order from start to finish (sales order entry to customer payment).

I have the same problem as ckrosco does.  I did some testing and it actually seems to be a fairly serious problem.  What I can do, enter a payment for a customer but his payment leaves a balance.  All is fine, he owed for several invoices.  Then click 'enter another customer payment'.
That screen stills shows the last customer, so I hit space, enter a new customer for his payment. The customer comes up as does his branch. Then enter an allocation (don't even look at the amount of the balance) just enter an amount, hit 'add payment'.  Get the next screen saying 'payment successfully entered'.  This all sounds great except the last payment I entered was actually posted to the first customer, not the second.  I tested this several times and when the search for customers is turned on it aways will post to wrong account.  With the search for customer off, I could not cause it to happen.

If I do payment for cust1, go to 2nd and not add but go to 3rd customer, the back to 2nd, the error does not happen. 

It seems to me that when I click 'enter another customer payment', I should get a clean screen not one that shows the previous customer's info.  Even if I click Sales then customer payments the last customer still comes up.

Just check if the following changeset 3055 in Mercurial does the job:

Yes that fixed the posting and updating display of customer problems. 

I am still wondering why it is that when, after doing an add payment, and go back to sales then to customer payment, I get the info for the last customer I added payment.

Thanks.

The applicatioon remembers last customer used, and use it when you entry the page again. The same is implemented in many places in FA, e.g. in Direct Invoice , Supplier invoice etc.

I noticed that was done.  I assume because it is picking up either a POST or SESSION customerID.  I was mainly curious why it is being done.  Especially when I go to Sales|Customer payment.  I seems that would save a query or two to the db.

Thanks for fixing the posting.  I could just see my folks entering payments in a hurry and not paying attention to the balances.

I just went to 'Customer and Sales Reports', then 'Customer Balances' and tried to filter for a customer.  The search does not work.  This is after updating to the fix listed above.  Isn't search supposed to work here?

Hmmm, decided to turn off the search, update, then turn it back on, update again.  Search works now.

Looks like some temporary cacheing error.
Janusz