Topic: I Can't Update language

i'm running Frontaccounting in a system with debian etch,  php5,mysql 5 and  apache2, the package gettext it's installed, the permision directory are setup in 777, run almost perfect, but i can't update  the language translation to spanish.

Can anybody help me?

thanks.

Re: I Can't Update language

Hello,
I presume you have installed the language correctly.
The xx_XX.mo file is in place /lang/xx_XX/LC_MESSAGES
You cannot use the 'Display Setup' for permanently changing the language. You must use the 'User Setup' and select the user and there change the language.
After that you must logout and login again.
Now the language should work.

Joe

3 (edited by alfredok 09/11/2007 06:57:58 pm)

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a new language (Spanish) but I can't make it work.

I have the Frontaccounting 1.12 installed and working fine (WinXP, PHP5, Apache 2.2) but when I upload/install the spanish language you have on your webpage (es_PA) it doesn't translate anything and the FrontAccount is still in English.

The es_PA.mo file is in place /lang/es_PA/LC_MESSAGES, and I've tryed to use the 'Display Setup' and 'User Setup' and logged in and out but it doesn't work.

Does anyone installed that MO file succesfully?

Thank you,

Alfred

Try to get the latest gettext.php from the CVS repository at SourceForge. It is in the folder /frontaccount/includes/lang/gettext.php. I hope this helps.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your help.

I already have that version of gettext, anyway I downloaded and installed it, but I can't make the translation work... I should be doing something wrong.

Could you please send me which are the steps to use the MO files?

Have you achieved the translation with those files succesfully?

If I can make it work I will translate the hole software to Spanish and I will send it as collaboration.

I really thank you for your help.

Alfred

6 (edited by joe 09/12/2007 08:12:55 am)

Hello again,
I don't have much experience with the IIS for Windows. But I know that there are others out there that have succeeded to install language on it. I think it was an email correspondance and I don't have that email on hand.

Let us hope, Alfred, that there are somebody out there that can help us again. And it that case we would put a more detailed instruction here.

So please guys, tell us if there are special things to do for Alfred smile

Joe

Thank you Joe...

I'm using Apache 2.2.6 + Windows XP + MySQL 4.0.27 ... I'm going to try to install it on Linux to see if it work that way. What version of PHP and Apache you think is more suitable?

I found also a bug on class.mail.inc and purchasing_ui.inc, that bug doesn't allow to use the purchase module, the problem is that it's missing the string "php" on the begining of the document.

Instead of "<?php" it says "<?", adding php solves the problem. I hope this could help someone.

I like to ask you also if there is any documentation of how the translation module works (gettext.php or all the translation thing). I have no experience with .MO files and I don't know how it works.

Thank you again,

Alfred

Hello again Alfred,
Please take a look at the file /frontaccount/CHANGELOG.txt at SourceForge in the CVS repository.
After the release of 1.12 there have been several updates, among others those that you report here. We also changed something in the file gettext.php as you will see here.
Try to update all the files since release 1.12.

There hasn't been time to make a translation documentation yet, though there are some explanation on the download pages.

You might search the Internet for gettext and poEdit for more documentation about the MO and PO files.

Joe

Thank you again Joe.

I've just downloaded all the new files and installed... but I can't make the translation work...

I'm diving now the source to see if I can find anything...

See you,

Alfred

Ok... I found the problem.

See on Report Bug Forum and you will see what's happening.

Succinctly you should use the PO file instead the MO, and after you upload it you should rename the extension to PO (becose Frontaccount changes it to MO).

Alfred